Monday, August 30, 2010

5 New Shows I'm Pretty Excited For...

As i've been reading about the upcoming fall schedule I've been doing a lot of reading about the new stuff coming. I thought I'd put a list together of 5 new shows that I'm digging just by the promo's and from what I've read about them.

This list is in order of days of the week and not the order in which I'm digging the show.

1) The Event Mondays at 9:00 PM - NBC

NBC has been hyping this show to death this summer; so naturally they've gotten my attention. Will it live up to the hype? Will NBC cancel it far too quickly before we learn what the event is? NBC hyped Persons Unknown quite a bit, it didn't perform very well and they moved it to die on Saturdays. I hope we don't see the same fate with this one. NBC typically reacts far too quickly and moves or cancels a show before it can build an audience. Or, they leave a show on a few seasons too long. I'm looking right at you Heroes. The cast in this one looks pretty good and they're sucking me in to the mystery of the event. The one concern I have with this one is, ABC sucked me into the Flashforward mystery and it moved a bit too slow and they canceled it. I hope The Event can keep the mystery moving along while showing us pieces fast enough to keep the audience interested.

2) Undercovers Wednesdays at 8:00 PM - NBC

The main reason this is on the list is simple. JJ Abrams. It looks very Mr and Mrs Smith from what I've seen in the promo's. NBC is really hyping this one up again, to the point that they were presenters on the Emmy's last night. I loved Lost and I'll watch anything Abrams puts out there for us to watch. I just hope this isn't relying on his name to get it out there. I hope the fact that this is on at 8:00 doesn't hurt it, shows that are on at 8:00 tend to be a bit softer because they are on so early just in case the kiddies are watching. I'll give it a watch and go from there.

3) Law and Order Wednesdays at 10:00 PM - NBC

Being the media junkie that I am, I'm intrigued by this one being in Los Angeles and all. I've done the LA vacation and I loved it and can't wait to go back. This one will be the total opposite of the dark and grimy look of New York, with the glitz and glam of Los Angeles. The seedy underworld of Los Angeles will be the main character of this one. The rest of the cast looks very promising as they've got a few movie veterans in to the tv world. I just hope it doesn't feel too Law and Ordery.

4) Nikita Thursdays at 9:00 PM - The CW

One of my favorite movies of all time is The Professional. Nikita is somewhat a continuation of that story, well loosely anyways. It's kind of the story of what happens to Matilda after Leon dies. In the movies anyway, just read the premise again and that doesn't seem to be the case in this one. The cast in this looks pretty good, Maggie Q and Xander Berkley specifically. I'll watch the first few episodes and go from there. This is on The CW so it can one way or the other very quickly.

5) Boardwalk Empire Sundays at 9:00 PM on HBO

What's NOT to love about this show? Atlantic City during the Prohibition Era, starring Steve Buscemi and the first episode was directed by Martin Scorsese. Scorsese is going to continue being creatively involved in the show from the pilot on as well. The cast in this looks fantastic, everything I've read and seen on this looks very promising. HBO was somewhat successful the last time they did a show about gangsters, some would just question the finale. Just a new show on HBO is good enough for me, one of my favorites of all time is The Wire. So anything HBO is backing I'm watching.

I'll post 5 returning shows I'm most excited for shortly.


Ant

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter