Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A look into next Summer's movie lineup...

A few sites today were posting an article from Iron Man director Jon Favreau about how next summer is going to be a bloodbath as so many great movies are scheduled to come out. So I decided to take a quick lookie look and god damn there is a tonne of great stuff coming out next year.


May 6th 2011:
Thor
A comic book adaptation, directed by Kenneth Branagh and the cast is looking pretty fantastical at this point. Not liking what I've seen of the images from this one so far. Until I see a trailer I really can't comment on this one with confidence.


May 20th 2011:
Pirates of The Carribean: On Stranger Tides
Surprise it's going to be in 3D! Ian McShane from Deadwood will be starring as Blackbeard so I'm pumped to see that, but the last two left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. For some reason I've got excitement for this one. Interestingly it's being directed by the guy that did Nine and Memoirs of a Geisha.


May 26th 2011:
The Hangover Part II
Who isn't excited for this one? Anyone? Due Date is just going to tide me over to until this comes out.

Kung Fu Panda: The Kaboom of Doom
I haven't seen the original but from what I hear the first one is a good one and the kiddies love it, I'm sure those with young ones will be visiting the theatre in May.


June 3rd 2011:
X-Men:First Class
Another comic book movie, they really seem to be getting a bit popular these days. Umm, ya, X-Men, I'm there. Plus this cast looks insane! Rose Byrne from Damages, January Jones from Mad Men, James McAvoy, Kevin Bacon, Oliver Platt. Some serious talent there.


June 10th 2011:
Fast and Furious 5
I really enjoyed the first one and after that, not so much. I haven't seen the fourth one yet, but I don't hear good things.

Super 8
Another super secret J.J. Abrams project, no one really knows anything about it, this time we have some cast info, Elle Fanning and Kyle Chandler are the only two names that jump out at me. Steven Spielberg is involved in this somehow, I just don't know how. Check out the trailer.




June 17th 2011:
Green Lantern
Ryan Reynolds suits up for this comic adaptation, hmmm, another one. Weird. I enjoy the Lantern comics, but this seems brutally mis-cast. They're rushing on making this a trilogy from the footage the studio has watched. That's great, hey Ryan forget this and start working on a real version of Deadpool already! This is either going to be totally awesome or just painfully awful. Kinda like Wolverine. I was reading on a site today and they were talking about how Blake Lively is up for a couple of major roles in upcoming films against some serious competition, I never would have guessed coming from Gossip Girl that she'd get into movies so quickly.  Plus good movies. She was pretty good in The Town; the 7 minutes she was in it. I mention this because Lively is in the movie.


June 24th 2011:
Cars 2
I dare you to find someone that didn't like the first one, that is all. Holy crap, the first one will be 5 years old by the time this one comes out. Damn time flies, seems like just the other day every store was filled with Cars merch.

Rise Of The Apes
A prequel to the Apes story, the cast on this one looks awesome. James Franco, Freida Pinto, Tom Felton, John Lithgow, Brian Cox and Andy Serkis. This is the description from IMDB: An origin story set in present day San Francisco, where man's own experiments with genetic engineering lead to the development of intelligence in apes and the onset of a war for supremacy. Uh, fighting apes? I'm there.


July 1st 2011:
Transformers: Dark Of The Moon
The best one yet Shia promises, uhhh better be. The last one was shit. Show me giant robots fighting for two hours. That's all we need man!

July 8th 2011:
Zookeeper
A Zookeeper trying to find love, animals voiced by Sylvester Stallone, Adam Sandler, Jon Favreau, Judd Apatow, Cher and possibly Ken Jeong, Rosario Dawson, Donnie Wahlberg, Leslie Bibb and Joe Rogan.

July 15th 2011:
Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows:Part Two
Bring the kleenix, a lot of people will be crying when this one is over. Mostly Warner Brothers.

Winnie The Pooh
Optimus Prime is voicing Eeyore! Damn, he's had a busy summer.

July 22nd 2011:
Captain America:The First Avenger
I wasn't sure when I read that they cast Chris Evans as Cap, but the stills so far look damn good and I can't wait to actually see a trailer for this one.


July 29th 2011:
Cowboys and Aliens
There are only a few things you need to know about this one, written by Damon Lindelof of Lost, directed by Iron Man director Jon Favreau and it stars: Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford, Oliva Wilde, Sam Rockwell, Clancy Brown (Lost and Carnivale), Paul Dano (There Will Be Blood), Keith Carradine (Agent Lundy from Dexter) and Adam Beach.


Ok, at this point August isn't looking too great, but still; I'll be exhausted by the end of July.

August 3rd 2011:
The Smurfs

August 12th 2011:
30 Minutes or Less

August 19th 2011:
Fright Night
Conan
Spy Kids 4:Armageddon

August 26th 2011:
Final Destination 5

I was very, very disappointed by this summer's lineup so I'm hopeful that next summer is going to be awesome.  Can't wait for some of these trailers to drop, when they do I'll post them on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter