Monday, January 31, 2011

A look at this week's television



It's a Monday morning and I'm not really feeling all that motivated to start working. So let's take a look at the week of television.

Monday

Repeats galore this night, actually it's not going to be just this night from what I remember when I looked at the schedule on the weekend.

All the CBS shows are taking the night off tonight. No Comedies and no Five-0.

We've got another thriller tonight on The Bachelor I'm sure, that then leads into a repeat of Castle. I know, I know, I'm pissed to, they gave us possibly the best episode of Castle ever and then they take the week off. Man tv can be so frustrating sometimes.

NBC is rocking the full lineup tonight, new Chuck, The Cape with guest star Mena Suvari and Harry's Law. I need to remember to check The Cape's ratings tomorrow, I'm very curious how this show is doing. I can't think it's doing any better than The Event of which it took it's time-slot. I thought the second episode of Harry's Law was much better than the first, it's still quite predictable but I was entertained last week.

Fox is pulling something curious, wasn't last week the first House we've in a while? I hope you enjoyed it because it's not on tonight. I know, strange right. Human Target gets the slot, Fox really puts a lot of weight behind that show. Don't watch it, is it any good? Speaking of shows that I wonder how they're still on the air, Lie To Me follows it up with it's "season" premiere. I really don't think this show will be back.

Here in Canada we get Shameless, Californication and Episodes that aired in America last night.

Movies on Monday: Fatal Instinct, Hard To Kill, Slap Shot 3.


Tuesday

Tuesday can't be as bad right?

No new Mercer on Tuesday, *sniff*

Ncis and Ncis:LA are new and I'm sure will continue their domination of Tuesday nights. With The Good Wife rounding out CBS' night. CBS execs must be loving Tuesday nights. Ratings winners and award winners.

ABC is putting in a repeat of No Ordinary Family at 8, a New V and what I think it is a great show at 10:00. Detriot 1-8-7.

NBC has one of their staples in The Biggest Loser followed up by a new episode of Parenthood.

Movies on Tuesday: Her Sister's Keeper, Crimes and Misdemeanors.


Wednesday

Wednesday is looking wacky.

CBS has what I think is the second last Live to Dance, followed by a repeat of Criminal Minds, then a new Blue Bloods.

NBC is coming at us with a double episode special of Minute to Win IT titled, Kids Rule. Then a new Law & Order:SVU.

It's not looking any better over ABC on Wednesday, repeats of The Middle, The Middle and Modern Family. Then a new Cougar Town at 9:30 which is the mid-season finale. Um, what? Then a new episode of the amazing looking Off The Map.

Movies on Wednesday: Six Degrees of Seperation, Almost Heroes.


Thursday

I know what you're thinking, does the week actually get any better? Why yes it does. Thursday is night. Thursdays is the craziest night on television for me.

Finally we're getting a new episode of Big Bang Theory. Sure, it's only been a repeat for a week, but it seems so much longer. Then Bleep My Dad Says with guest star Lee Majors, CSI with Marlee Matlin and reportedly Grissom makes an appearance and the Mentalist are all new.

NBC continues with their 3 hour comedy block. The most hyped episode of Community in a while, the Dungeons and Dragons episode is finally here! Then Perfect Couples of which I'm done with, it's awful. Then The Office, which atleast by the description sounds much better than last weeks very uneven and often unfunny episode. Then Parks and Recreation with guest star Will Forte, 30 Rock actually appears to be a repeat of the live show or possibly another live show and the soon to be gone Outsourced.

ABC has their entire Thursday night lineup of Wipeout, Grey's and Practice running.

Fox has a new episode of American Idol at 8:00, I'm loving the new panel, but aren't they letting a lot of people to Hollywood? Then a new episode of Bones.

The CW also has new Vampire Diaries and Nikita if you already didn't have enough to watch.

Movies on Thursday: Addicted to Love and Best in Show. If you get Movietime in Canada, they do have the classic Planes, Trains and Automobiles on at 9:00.


Friday

Fridays are looking thin now for me.

The Defenders is new and I haven't heard a thing about this show in a looooong time. Then Super Bowl's Greatest Commercials and a new CSI:NY.

NBC is bringing another new episode of Who Do you Think You Are? I've really got no interest in that one. Then a new Dateline.

ABC is coming at us with a new Supernanny and a new Primetime.

The CW is finally bringing back Supernatural and Smallville for their rapid fans.

Fox ofcourse has Kitchen Nightmares and Fringe.

Showcase Canada is airing Luther and I highly recommend that you watch this. GREAT Series.

Movies on Friday: Moonstruck, City Slickers, Game Over, A Beautiful Mind, The Color Purple, Speed Racer.


Saturday

Dana Carvey hosts Saturday Night Live, please bring us some new Church Lady. Linkin Park will be the musical act.

Movietime Canada has a great night of movies lined up. Big, The Goonies and Ferris Bueller's Day Off.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter