Sunday, January 30, 2011

Screen Actors Guild Awards - Live Blog - First Hour

I had a kick out of live blogging the Globes a few weeks back, thought I would do it again for the SAG's.


7:58 - I've been kicked out of the Media Room, so I'm up in the bedroom with the fireplace going and watching the show.  Mrs. Media Room decided she wanted to watch a movie instead.

8:01 - They eat at this award show? But do they drink? There was no drink influenced speeches at the Globes and that was disappointing.

8:02 - Oh what the heck, the audio is off and it's driving me nuts after 10 seconds.

8:03 - Wow, these actors are quite nervous.  Ok, is the year of Betty White not over yet?

8:06 - Outstanding Male Actor in a Drama Series is the first award of the night and it goes to: Steve Buscemi.  Wow, the award groups are really loving Boardwalk this year.  That was a crazy tight category, any of those guys could have won that.  What's the deal with Dexter's beard?  Is he trying to add to his serial killer look?

8:09 - A preview of The Kids are All Right, I really don't get the hype behind this movie.  I thought it was just ok, I wasn't totally blown away.

8:12 - Outstanding Female in a Drama Series is up next, that goes to Julianna Margales.  Wow, back to back for the Good Wife.  I hear that show is fantastic, it's one of the few shows on television that I don't actually watch.  I can't watch them all folks ;)

8:15 - The first of what I'm guessing will be many commercials.

8:19 - And we're bag with two beautiful people, Taye Diggs and Sofia Vergara and they're here to present the award to the best Ensemble in a Drama Series.  Wow, Boardwalk Empire wins another award.  They're cleaning up in everything this year.  Good for them.  Took me a while to get into that one, but the second half of that first season was outstanding.  Holy bad spray on tan Batman!

8:24 - The most boring part of the show, the greeting from the assocation's president.  Blah, blah, blah, the actors are great, Hollywood is great.  Got it.  Check.

8:25 - Protect actors?  From what?  I see why this guy is the president.

8:26 - President Palmer!!!

8:27 - We're actually celebrating commercials actors?  Funny, they're showing us famous people that are in commercials. Not the struggling actors that are actually doing commercials.

8:29 - I love that Jason Bateman is back in Hollywood and is acting again.  Outstanding Female Actor in a Supporting Role.  These actors are good, they all know where the camera is when their name gets announced.  Melissa Leo wins again!! 

8:33 - Leo mentions the Union, what's the deal with this?  Their contract must be up soon.

8:37 - mmmm, Blue Freezies, commercials do work.

8:38 - Amy Poehler is here and she's looking fantastic.  Outstanding Male Actor in a Comedy Series.  Alec Baldwin!  He's truly the best part of 30 Rock!  5th consective win for his role on 30 Rock!  Wow.  That's impressive.

8:42 - Mr. Don. Draper, Outstanding Female Actor in a Comedy Series, Tina Fey win perhaps?  Jon Hamm has guested on 30 Rock a few times.  Let's see who gets it.  Wow.  Betty White!  Looks like another year of Betty White.  I love her, but it just seems we're getting a little carried away with all the Betty White love over the last year.  Have you watched the SNL skit with Betty and her appearance on radio talking about her dusty muffin?  You should look it up on youtube, it's hilarious.

8:47 - The King' Speech preview, my god I still need to watch this movie.  I'm so running out of weekends to go watch it.

8:49 - Outstanding Ensemble in a Comedy Series, Modern Family!!!  Glad to see it one over Glee, I like Glee and all.  But great actors they are not.

The speech has finished and it's 8:53 and I don't see this coming back before 9.  So you'll have to read the next post to see how this show closes its second hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter