Friday, March 11, 2011

Steve Carell is leaving the office - Details

So if you visit any entertainment website you may have heard that Michael Scott is leaving Dunder Mifflin. Kind of hard not to, the news rattled everyone when it first officially broke months ago.

Looks like his final episode will finally be, April 28th. Will Ferrell will be popping by the Office starting April 14th, and be there April 21st, April 28th and one more episode after that. As reported, Ferrell will NOT be the new man in charge of this group of misfits. That hopefully will be decided in the hour long finale May 19th.

Personally, I can't wait for this to be over. This season has been highly inconsistent and at times not even close to anything resembling funny. Where the hell has Jim been? This should be his time to shine. I would have liked to see them ease Michael out and let someone else start taking over the lead. But the writers have decided to take the bandaid approach and just pull him out in one motion. I've even found it uncomfortable at times, because we all know Michael is leaving and we're just waiting to see what triggers the move. Michael has never taken any decision lightly and often consults pretty much everyone in the office for the smallest decisions. I can't imagine that he'll take this one lightly, I really don't see him just standing up in his office and saying, alright that's it. I'm outta here and walking out.

There was one strange rumor circulating the Internet that Michael would be going to Hollywood to start his movie career after the airing of his film, Threat Level Midnight, a few couple weeks back. That rumor has quickly been shot down by the producers. Like many, I think it will involve a different kind of Holly. He's lost love so many times, he's in love now and he's not going to lose it again. If Holly goes back to her home branch in a few weeks when Toby returns. I expect Michael to follow and give Holly the wedding she's always wanted.

Just end it already and let's get back to the funny and get this show on track. I haven't really enjoyed it in a couple years now. I never understood the Sabre take-over and I've never really been able to figure out what Gabe's role is in the org structure of the office. He's just a fun sucker and I don't think that's on his business card.

Just get Jim back stat and have him pull some pranks on Dwight already.

But realistically, how long will The Office survive without Michael? I'm betting, not long.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter