Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thoughts from the Media Room: Revenge



Another one I wasn't overly excited to catch this one because I never watched Brothers and Sisters and I can't say I'm a huge fan of Emily VanCamp. Let's see what we've got here.



Premise: Centers on a young woman who is welcomed into a community filled with people who don't know she's only there to exact revenge on those who had destroyed her family.

First off, Madeleine Stowe just excudes pure evil in this and she does it so well. You're quickly turn into Camp VanCamp and what her to pull this Revenge Plot off.  It seems many of the citizens of The Hamptons also have dark secrets. The show comes off a bit soapish at times but that doesn't seem to slow it down and the darkness of the Hamptons in this keep it interesting. Watching the pilot I had quite a few of those, "Oh my god, that person, you know, that person, they're in this?" The supporting cast has many familiar faces and they're quite good in this.

Some of the plot points seem to be a bit obvious at this point, but there is something about the mystery that has sucked me in. How exactly did the Graysons screw over Emily/Amanda's father and why did they do it? Who else in on the mystery?

While there was a couple points in the story that just had to happen to keep the story going and stop us asking questions. While it was only the pilot and things can be changed and improved. I think I'm going to keep going with this one because I was surprised by VanCamp and I want to see how she slowly burns person by person in The Hamptons. The one big issue with this is, what next? How many seasons can this really go on? Like many shows that we see on tv these days, they seemed to be designed to run for just for one season. Once they go past that things seem to quickly go down-hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter