Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Music 365 - Day One - Sleigh Bells - Treats

I was on one of my favorite websites to find out about new music, Rate Your Music the other day and someone posted about a project they were doing. Music 365, they would post about a new album or try to listen to a new album every day. I'd heard of people doing Photography 365 projects, but I'd never heard of a Music 365 and I thought it was the coolest thing. A great way to share bands with other people. I love discovering new bands and new music, well, in most cases it's just new to me. I spent way too long the last couple of days thinking of what I'd kick it off with. It's a lot of pressure. So, one of the new releases today was Sleigh Bell's Reign of Terror. I haven't listened to that album yet so I didn't want to recommend that. So I thought, what's the next best thing, recommend their debut album. 



What an album it is. With in 15 seconds of hearing the first track I was hooked on their sound. A great album to listen to while driving as it'll get you in the mood to drive fast and more than likely you'll want to ram into other cars. Like I said, good stuck in traffic music.  


Check out Amazon's Description of Treats, The 2010 debut album from the Brooklyn Noise-Rock duo consisting of Alexis Krauss and Derek Miller. This highly anticipated album is a speaker-imploding, mind-melting mix of noize and melody with the accent on the former. Some say that this is the future of Rock 'n' Roll. Some say that this is the end of Rock 'n' Roll. Either way, it's Rock 'n' Roll! 


Here's my favorite track from the album, Tell'Em. 

 

So that's day one done, tomorrow I'll have something a bit calmer for you to enjoy.  Needed to start it out with a bang. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter