Monday, December 3, 2012

Mega Bloks - Halo - Forward Unto Dawn - Build Day Two

After what felt like a super long day at the office, which is weird because usually Mondays at my place are crazy because we've had a weekend of requests build up that are awaiting action.  So, it was super long and Mrs. Media Room wanted to work late and since we carpool it delayed the build process a bit tonight.

So I was finally able to get the table cleared and filled back up with boxes and the such ready to continue on with this massive build.


Tonight the build was starting to slow down a bit because there was several steps that required finding tiny pieces in the 40+ bags that are included in the kit.  Here is another shot before the table really became chaotic with bags everywhere.


A bit further along now and from this shot you can really see just how big the instruction novel is for this bad boy.


Like I said, tonight moved slowly, a lot of "Oh COME ON! WHERE ARE YOU!" and I worked on the build for almost 2 hours. Turns out I only got 3 more pages into the novel for another 146 pieces added on to the one half of the ship.  The brings the two day total up to, 7 pages and a whopping 375 pieces.  Feels like I've been working on this for around 5 hours, prolly closer to 6 at this point.  Took me a while to figure out what bags contained what types of pieces so the search is moving a bit faster at this point. A bit, not much.  Normally on a build I'd sort out pieces into glasses, bowls whatever I can find laying around in the kitchen.  Of course those builds are only a few days.  This one is going to take a few weeks at this pace.

A few more close up shots of the ship so far.




I didn't realize just how blurry that last picture was.  I flipped through the novel after cleaning up a bit and I realize I've still got about 100 pages to go and another 2502 pieces to find and attach to this thing.  At this rate I should be done just in time for Christmas.  That's time well invested and spent on this challenging hobby of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter