Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Mega Bloks - Halo - Forward Unto Dawn - Build Day Three

So, I'm back at it again tonight, a bit later than I had hoped because Mrs. Media Room wanted to work super late tonight so I was starting about 2 hours behind.

For those that might be new to this page, you can check out Day Two and Day One.

So, dinner has been enjoyed and put away, let's get started on Day Three!


Tonight I tried a different strategy when pulling the bricks from the bags and that really speeds up the build process.  Instead of prepping the bricks one step at a time.  I'd look at both pages in front of me like above and pull all the bricks per step in one go.  Saves super amounts of time digging through the same bags four and five times per double set of pages.


This strategy works very very well.  I think I would only do it for this kit because using it for other kits would make the build go way too quickly and with a kit of 2900 pieces digging through bags time after time can get a bit frustrating at times.

Tonight I was working with A LOT of smaller pieces as I was building the control room panels and it would have taken forever using the step by step method.

Here we have the control panels assembled and ready to be put into the ship.



And here they are in the ship, nice bit of detail work there.  Nice to work on something other than building up the walls of the first half of the ship here.



Here is a shot of the build at the end of my building night.


As you can see from this shot we're finally starting to get some nice high on this piece of the ship.



After about 3 hours and a very very sore back, it was time to clean up and put my toys away for the night.


Now time for the math portion of the post.

Tonight 5 pages were completed for another 275 pieces bringing me to 12 pages and 631 pieces total, which is about 20 percent of the project so far.

See you tomorrow with another update.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter