Sunday, December 9, 2012

Mega Bloks - Halo - Forward Unto Dawn - Build Day Five

After taking a few days off because my back was quite sore from the build.  I also was growing frustrated looking for parts the last time I built and needed a few days off from it all.  So today, I sat down around noon and was all ready for an epic day of building.

First off, WE'VE GOT ENGINES!!



Another cool feature, yes that's all lit up.


Next up, had to lay Master Chief in his chamber so he's already to go.



After the Chief and the Chamber were installed, I can with great joy say that I'm finished SECTION ONE! Now on to Section Two.



As you can see, section two is mainly about the roof structure on the first half of the ship.

Before we get to the roof, there is some detail work that needed to be done along the sides of the ship.

Sorting these little pieces took forever. Like an hour forever.



Let's get started on the roof.

Here are some of the roof sections before they're about to go on.




These three pieces will attach to the main section of the roof.




Let's take a look at what that looks like.



 Let's get this piece on the ship and see what it looks like already! It took long enough to build.






I also added the wing pieces, wanted to surprise you with that addition.  The ship is starting to look pretty bad-ass.

Let's build some more roof for the front of this section of ship.




Let's get that on there!






And with that Section 2 has been completed and I've only got 40 pages of the Instruction Novel to finish.

Today I got through a whopping 34 PAGES!! With involved 869 PIECES! Almost doubling what I'd done in the 4 previous sessions.  So I'm 53 Pages into it and so far this piece has 1723 pieces in there.  When you pick it up, it's very solid and it's starting to get some real weight to it.

Today was a long one and after about 8 hours building today I've left myself quite stiff and sore.  Time for some Amazing Race.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter