Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Last Night in the Media Room - January 28th

I haven't posted in quite some time now and I felt like writing something. This might turn into something, we'll see how it goes. Nothing overly complicated. Just a "Hey, what did we watch last night kind of thing."

Last night we started a bit late because Mrs. Media Room goes line dancing on Monday nights so we weren't able to get much in. While she was dance dance dancing away I able to get in 3 or 4 more episodes of Clone Wars Season One in. I've been told for years that this is a show I need to watch. I decided to start craming in episodes where I can to catch up. Because you know, I'm only watching around 53 other shows at the moment, why not throw another one on there. Yes, I did count and I'm around 53 actual shows I'm watching right now. That's kinda gross.

So last night, it didn't help that so much on last night was repeats either, actually maybe it did help. Damn I watch a lot of television. We only recorded Dragons' Den and I'm not sure if we've seen the episode yet or not. Then we recorded The Following and Deception as well. Not sure how much longer we'll record Deception as I'm sensing a cancellation soon.

Last week I was off because I was having major back issues so I finally jumped on the Sherlock train and watched the BBC version with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. LOVED IT! Cumberbatch is a fantastic Sherlock and shouldn't be missed. While I do enjoy the CBS version Elementary, I really liked this version much more. Lucy Liu doesn't bother me in Elementary like I thought she would, but after watching the BBC version. I can't help but notice that she really doesn't do a hell of a lot in helping solve the crimes.

So, on my sick day I blasted through the 3 episodes of Season 1, doesn't sound like a lot, but they are 90 minutes long. So now Mrs. Media Room is catching up. She's now just as hooked and can't wait to watch the next episode. I re-watched the first episode again because I just loved the case and the introduction to Sherlock and his skills. So she took up the Media Room last night in catch up mode.

I was upstairs in the Toy Room/Office reading some new Dominion Cards from the latest expansion that I got for Christmas. I also realized that I had an expansion for the Catan Card Game that I haven't even opened yet. How does that happen? Yep, Board Gamer.

Once I was back in that world. Did quite a bit of surfing on Board Game sites, getting prices on the stuff I'd like to get. So much great gaming out there. Never enough money or time.

So all and all, a very quiet night in the Media Room. Can't wait to get back at it and see what tonight will bring us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter