Thursday, January 31, 2013

Music 365 - Day Six - Atoms for Peace

So I'm driving to work the other day listening to channel 36 on my Sirius Radio, the Alternative Station and on comes on this band, Atoms for Peace.  I'm listening to it for a couple minutes and I say, "Wow, that sounds a lot like Thom Yorke".  They sound just like Radiohead, who is this?  So Mrs. Media Room jumps on her Blackberry to find out because I have to know and I have to remember it so I can look into it later. Turns out Mr. Yorke and Flea from Chill Peppers formed this Supergroup.  I had no idea.

I was sad to see that they didn't have an album yet, but thankfully the album Amok gets released in a few short weeks. February 25th to be exact.  I'm a big fan of Radiohead so I'm kind of embarassed that I didn't know about this project.  But I felt the need to share this great tune forward.


Check out the single Judge, Jury and Executioner and enjoy it.



So after reading this I had to look into what Radiohead was doing because it seems like forever since they released anything, it has been a while, King of Limbs was released in 2011.  Everything on the net points to Radiohead releasing something this year.  Fingers Crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter