Sunday, January 29, 2012

Love Blog Screen Actors Guild Awards - Part Two



8:58 - A few of the Bridesmaids are here with a wacky drinking game.

8:59 - And here we are with a clip.  I really need to watch that movie again.  Hilarious.

9:00 - AHAHAHAHAA....Female Fight Club.  AHAHAA. Love it.

9:01 - A nice standing ovation for one of Hollywood's greats.  I haven't seen DVD in a long time and when I saw him in the audience I wondered why he was there totally forgetting the lifetime award.

9:08 - Wow. For those wondering at home, Mary Tyler Moore is 75.  I don't know you about you but I was stunned by the number.  She looks pretty damned for 75.

9:11 - Hmmm, that was weird.  The end of the speech seemed to just end and I thought got a bit awkward.

9:16 - Finally we're back, that commercial break was brutal.

9:17 - Outstanding Female Actor in a Drama Series.  Woohoo! Jessica Lange!  She was amazing in American Horror Story.  I really hope she's one of the actors that makes the jump to Season 2.

9:20 - Don't you just love looking at the pairings of tables and wonder why have they put those people together?

9:21 - The stars of The Artist are here to show us a clip of what might be the years best Films.  I don't think I realized that James Cromwell was in the movie.

9:22 - A couple of Thursday night Comedy staples up next.  Outstanding Male Actor in a Drama Series.  Come on Sag, give it to Kyle. He earned it with that last season of Friday Night Lights.  Woah. Dexter rocking a series beard this off season.  Steve Buscemi wins it again keeping his streak alive. That was funny, a nice reference to the Scorsese drinking game.  Spoiler Alert there Steve. Yikes.

9:26 - The saddest moment of the night.  Those we've lost this past year.  We've lost some great ones this year.

9:35 - And there it is, the stars of Dallas.  Outstanding Drama Series.  Cable. Cable. Cable. Cable. Network.  When will Network Television get it? Did I just see Lisa Bonet? Boardwalk Empire wins it for the second year in a row.

9:39 - The final movie is Midnight in Paris.  I still can't get over the fact that Owen Wilson is in this.

9:41 - Wow. Didn't Natalie Portman have a baby like a year ago?  Outstanding Male Actor in a Leading Role.  Jean Dujardin for The Artist.  My goal by the end of the week is to watch this.

9:51 - That was Lisa Bonet and I think she's there with Conan aka the bad-ass from Game of Thrones.

9:52 - Outstanding Female Actor in  a Lead Role goes to Viola Davis in The Help.

9:55 - Final award of the night, Best Motion Picture.  I can honestly say I didn't see that coming.  The Help wins the big one of the night.  Another one I really need to see this one this week as well.

Well, another award show is over and done.  Thanks for stopping by the Media Room to join me for the show.  I do this for fun and I'm so glad you stopped by.  I'll be back in just under a month blogging The Oscars.  I hope to see you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter