Friday, February 24, 2012

Music 365 - Day Four - Howlin' Wolf - Moaning at the Moonlight


I first got into enjoying listening to the blues one Sunday night a few years back after watching the Adrien Brody film, Cadillac Records.

In the film you're introduced to a blues singer by the name of Howlin' Wolf. I had listened to a Blues track here and there, I never really looked to much further into. But in this movie, listening to the Howlin' Wolf songs, I thought to myself I have to read up on this guy. I'm loving his stuff. So after many visits to Amazon, Rate Your Music and Wikipedia I had to get listening to more.




I don't listen to the Blues that often, but when I do, I start here. I actually have a large Sketch Book in which I write down albums, bands and labels of stuff I need to check out further. I would like to get pick up this Chess Records compilation from Amazon.

So if you're looking to get into the Blues or if you just want to check it out, I highly recommend picking up this from Howlin' Wolf

Smokestack Lightnin'




Spoonful



No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter