Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Music 365 - Day Three - Archers of Loaf - Icky Mettle


Day three of the project and I'm having a blast.

Sat down tonight in the computer room, opened up my weekly email from All Music and started to read about the weeks new release. Stumbled Upon Archers of Loaf, sounded interesting by the description. Thought I'd jump over to Rate Your Music and start reading about them, hmmm, to my surprise they were a band from the 90's. I don't know how I hadn't heard of them before tonight, seems like something I would have enjoyed back then. Looked at the album over at Amazon and read some reviews. A lot of reviewers said that Archers of Loaf had a real Pavement type of sound. Interesting, jumped over to You Tube to check out some tunes. First band that jumped out at me was Nirvana. Back in the 90's I was a huge fan of Nirvana, still am, I just don't listen to them as much I used to. Listened to my Nevermind tape so much that all the writing wore off and I don't know how it didn't just break apart from being listened to so many times. I listen to another few tracks tonight and I'm reminded of Sonic Youth.

Let me share these great tunes with you, maybe you've heard of them and they'll take you back to your youth. Maybe you hadn't heard of them, but they'll still take you back to those days when you rocked the long hair and enjoyed your plaid.

So here's a couple video's for you to check out and see for yourself.

Last Word:



Wrong:



This is the great thing about music discovery, this album is almost 20 years old and it still gives me as much joy as something new like yesterdays post. Takes me back to the days of walking to High School with Kurt screaming into my ears. Doesn't it just make you said when you hear Nirvana on a classic rock station. Ya, me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter