Wednesday, September 26, 2012

What's Playing in the Media Room - September 26th

After a brutal night of comedy, in my opinion, on Monday night, last night was exactly what I needed. The first episode of The New Girl last night was simply, fantastic and highly entertaining. The second one lost a bit of steam, but it still destroyed anything I saw on Monday night. I loved Ben and Kate, I loved Ben's silliness and his heart that he showed and I look forward to seeing what more that talented cast comes up with.

NCIS of course was the big winner of the night as it usually is on Tuesday nights. But you're all prolly wondering, how did that new show I spent my time watching do? Did I waste my time? Well, Ben and Kate only got about 4.19 million viewers last night and that's really not all that good, especially for a premiere episode. Some how, week 2 but technically week 3 of that horrible, horrible show Go On continues to draw 7.27 million viewers. How is this possible? New Girl only got 5.19 in the 9:00 PM slot. Ruh Row Shaggy. the Mindy Project of which was better than I thought, but still not great drew 4.73 million. Mindy Kaling's talents were clearly not used enough on The Office, even after 30 minutes I still couldn't get used to watching her without her annoying Kelly voice from The Office.

The third biggest draw behind NCIS and NCIS:LA last night was the premiere episode of Vegas. I still haven't watched that, but I like many must have been very curious what was good enough to draw Dennis Quaid from movies to television.

So tonight is an almost full lineup, the episode of Revenge is a bit of a "Hey remember us, you loved us last year" episode with a two minute promo at the end.


The Middle - 8:00 One Hour - ABC/CityTV - Season 4 Episode 1 and 2
Episode Title: Last Whiff of Summer Part 1 and 2
In the fourth-season opener, Frankie gets nostalgic about the summers of her youth. Meanwhile, Axl attends summer school; Frankie wants to know which parent her kids favor; Brick grows a tomato; and Sue attempts to bond with her dad.

Thoughts from the Media Room: I said this last year and I'm saying it again this year. I really wish I caught this from the start. One summer I hope to catch up. I only ever hear good things on twitter about this one and yet in discussion with actual real human beings, no one ever asks me, "Hey Ant, do you watch The middle?" weird.


Survivor: Philippines - 8:00 - CBS/Global - Season 25 Episode 2
Episode Title: Don't Be Blinded by the Headlights
Lisa Whelchel reaches her breaking point; two players make a risky choice to keep each other warm; one team experiences a crushing defeat at the immunity challenge.

Thoughts from the Media Room: I really thought the guy who was trying to pull a great move in the first episode was going to get away with it. It really bothers me that the young 20 year olds always say in the first episode about 35+ year olds, I don't truss em. Why? Because they're smarter than you? Dumb.


Animal Practice - 8:00 - NBC - Season 1 Episode 1
Episode Title: Little Miss Can't Be Wrong
When Doug's dog is injured and requires surgery, he tries to persuade George to perform the operation. Meanwhile, Angela's decision to sell Dr. Rizzo's artwork to a gallery does not sit well with the artist; and Dorothy is desperate for the staff to like her after she realizes she hasn't been included in their happy-hour gatherings.



Thoughts from the Media Room: Everybody now, ANDY!! Oh my god I was killing myself when watching that trailer. I'm in for sure.


The X-Factor - 8:00 Two Hours - FOX/CTV - Season 2 Episode 5
Episode Title: Audition #5
The auditions in front of an audience of thousands continue on THE X FACTOR. Don’t miss the unbelievable tryouts as judges Simon Cowell, Britney Spears, Demi Lovato, and L.A. Reid continue their search to find the next global superstar or breakout music group worthy of a $5 million recording contract with Syco/Sony Music. Find out who will bring the judges and audience to their feet and who will leave the stage heartbroken.

Thoughts from the Media Room: A little more of the same here, we'll see someone who knocks us down and we'll be all like, oh my god I didn't see that coming. Then we'll see someone that we think should be awesome and they'll shatter glass. That's just the show at this point people. With some great one liners from the King of Cruel.


Oh Sit - 8:00 - The CW - Season 1 Episode 9
Episode Title:
Orianthi performs as twelve daredevils compete.


Thoughts from the Media Room: This got renewed today, I really don't even know what this show is. Is it an animal talent show? Seriously, I have no idea. Ok, I have to know what this is. Oh You Tube, hook me up.



Ohhhhh, it's like Wipeout. Funny story, I was typing way too fast, like I normally do and I typed CEW and hit enter which brought up Crew. Which made me think of Future Crew, a Demo group from the 90's. So I had to attach a video of one of the greatest demos ever. The thing you have to remember with this is, this is animated. It's all programmed, like with code. Not sure if you had to program something in Visual Basic in high school, but if you did, you can imagine the time and work this thing took. It is 9 minutes, but it's worth the 9 minutes. Trust me.




Guys With Kids - 8:30/9:30 - NBC/Global - Season 1 Episode 2
Episode Title: Chris' New Girlfriend
Chris hosts a barbecue to introduce the gang to his new girlfriend—who turns out to be a familiar face for Nick. Elsewhere, Gary lands in hot water when he forgets about his wedding anniversary.

Thoughts from the Media Room: Breaking News! I think this is one of the funniest new shows of the season so far.


Modern Family - 9:00 - ABC/CityTV - Season 4 Episode 1
Episode Title: Bringing Up Baby
Jay marks another birthday in the Season 4 premiere with his customary wish to be left alone, one that won't be granted when Phil takes him fishing with his pals, but it's a day he'll never forget—once Gloria figures out how to tell him she's pregnant. Meanwhile, Dylan moves in with the Dunphys on a temporary basis; and Mitchell and Cameron consider adopting a cat.

Thoughts from the Media Room: I was really down on Modern Family a lot last season. I don't know if you're a twitter user or who you follow, but the amount of twitter hate directed to this show during The Emmy's on the weekend was insane.


Criminal Minds - 9:00 - CBS - Season 8 Episode 1
Episode Title: The Silencer
The eighth season begins with a search for an escaped serial killer in Texas who sews the mouths of his victims shut. Meanwhile, the BAU members welcome a new linguistics expert.



Thoughts from the Media Room: I watch this one time to time, but good lord. Could you imagine this show was on at 10:00 or on cable? Week after week, season after season it just gets darker and darker. No wonder said Mandy Patinkin said Criminal Minds was his biggest mistake. Read about that if you haven't here.


Law and Order:SVU - 9:00 Two Hours - NBC - Season 14 Episode 1 and 2
Episode Title: Lost Reputation; Above Suspicion
In the 14th-season opener, Cragen gets arrested for a prostitute's murder, and the squad is assigned a strict new captain. Meanwhile, pressure mounts at the precinct as Cragen is investigated; and Cassidy continues his work deep undercover in a prostitution ring.


The Neighbors - 9:30 - ABC - Season 1 Episode 1
Episode Title: Pilot
A sitcom about a family who move to a gated community in suburban New Jersey where the residents are extraterrestrials from the planet Zabvron. In the premiere, the Weavers are hesitant to stay, but decide to remain when they bond over universal issues such as marital problems and parenting dilemmas.

Thoughts from the Media Room: When I first read about this earlier today, all I could think of was, who in their right mind thought this idea had success written on it. "I'm afraid our little dick exposed himself again" Wow. That's some brilliant writing right there.




Revenge Special - 10:00 - ABC/CityTV
Episode Title: The First Chapter
A look back at the show's first season; sneak peek of the season two premiere.


CSI - 10:00 - CBS/CTV - Season 13 Episode 1
Episode Title: Karma to Burn
D.B. Russell’s granddaughter was kidnapped in last season’s finale cliffhanger and now he leads the CSI team on a hunt to find her.


Other Shows Worth Mentioning:
9:00 - Ghost Hunters - SyFy
9:00 - Go On - Global Canada
9:00 - Perception - Bravo Canada
10:00 - Auction Hunters - Spike
10:00 - Paranormal Witness - Syfy/Space Canada
10:00 - The Challenge - MTV
10:00 - The Soup - E!
10:00 - Top Chef Master - Bravo USA
10:00 - South Park - Comedy Central/COmedy Channel Canada
10:00 - Royal Pains - Showcase Canada
10:30 - Auction Hunters - Spike
10:30 - Key and Peele - COmedy Central/Comedy Channel Canada


Tonight on the CBC:
8:00 - Dragons' Den
9:00 - Titanic Blood and Steel


Tonight on TLC:
10:00 - Here Comes Honey Boo Boo

Thoughts from the Media Room: This is the finale here, so I hope I don't have to right the words Honey Boo Boo for a while. Sadly this was renewed today so you can read about that garbage here.


Movies Worth Mentioning:
None are really worth mentioning tonight.


A Look at Late Night:
Late Show: British Prime Minister David Cameron; actor Jonny Lee Miller; Mumford & Sons perform.
Late Late Show: Actor Jim Parsons; Dispatch performs.
Kimmel: Actor Keanu Reeves; actress Ginnifer Goodwin; Hot Chip performs.
Tonight Show: Actress Kirstie Alley; reality-TV personality Mike ``The Situation'' Sorrentino; Richie Sambora performs.
Late Night: Actor Ricky Gervais; actor Scott Speedman; Little Big Town performs.
Conan: Joseph Gordon-Levitt; Emily Deschanel; comedian Jamie Lee.


Whats Playing in My Media Room:
8:00 - The X-Factor, Dragons' Den, Survivor
8:30 - Guys With Kids
9:00 - Modern Family, Criminal Minds
9:30 - Neighbors
10:00 - Revenge, CSI, Royal Pains

One last thing, I was ripping around one of my tv sites and I saw this headline and I had to see more. What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter