Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Last Night in the Media Room - January 30th

So last night, we got home at a decent hour and after a few days of watching some Sherlock. Some time spent clearing off the PVR was in order.

We were able to get home at 7:02 and I was able to record the Sportsnet Jays Up Close special on the Winter Tour and I'm so happy I did. Great stuff all around. Hilarious to see these guys way out of their element in the frozen tundra that this country has to offer. Can't wait for the balls season to start.

All of my tv sites and twitter was a flutter from New Girl from the night before so I knew we had to get that in. What a fantastic episode. Great laughs through out and one hell of an ending.

Next up was Raising Hope and the big wedding. I must say, now that they've got married, I really don't think I need to watch another episode here. The second episode that aired I found horrible and I barely even laughed. If I remember correctly, I just cut it with 10 minutes left. Done with this one.

I don't know how we held out so long, but next was The Following and I'm loving this show. How far does the conspiracy go? Who else and how many are involved in his master plan? I loved the second episode even more than the first. If you haven't watched this yet, find a way to catch up. This doesn't feel like any Network Show I've watched before, it feels more FX or AMC. Great stuff here that you shouldn't be missing folks.

Then we had the premiere episode of The Americans, funny story I didn't realize this was 90 minutes and when we did, we had to turn it off because it was getting late and we only watched the first 50 minutes. What I saw I liked, some great acting performances all around and loads of potential. Nice and dark and that's what FX does best. I did too much following along on twitter for this one and apparently the last 20 minutes are pretty epic. That was thing, it didn't feel like a pilot episode. It wasn't trying too hard to convince me just how awesome this is. It just was.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter